VLG Publishing and developer imaginaryLab have just announced that the acclaimed side-scrolling point-and-click adventure Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town is releasing today on Nintendo Switch. It’ll be launching worldwide via the Nintendo eShop.
Here’s the launch trailer:
Fans of the genre and classic games such as Day of the Tentacle and Monkey Island should feel right at home with this modern take on side-scrolling adventures. Sporting beautifully drawn 3D visuals and contemporary mechanics, Willy Morgan and the Curse of Bone Town is sure to captivate many a point-and-click enthusiast.
By collecting clues and solving puzzles in a computerised 3D pirate-themed world, Willy will uncover details regarding his father’s mysterious disappearance. Aside from its charming visuals, players will encounter whimsical characters throughout the game and can enjoy some hilarious dialogue, not to mention some easter eggs to other classic games here and there.
Here’s a quick glance at the premise:
“10 years have passed since the mysterious disappearance of Willy’s father, the famous archaeologist Henry Morgan. After Willy receives a strange letter containing a cryptic message he heads on a perilous adventure to Bone Town, an unconventional place full of pirates and shady characters, to once and for all uncover the truth behind what happened to his father.”
And some key features:
- Non-linear gameplay – Explore without constraint, collect items and solve stimulating puzzles.
- Unique graphic style – A fantastical world with a magical atmosphere.
- Full HD quality – Cinematographic cutscenes and over 50 locations to see.
- A pirate world with a modern twist – Pirates and computers? Why not?!
- 15 NPCs to interact with – Learn about the story through several hours of interactive dialogues packed with irony and easter eggs.
- Original soundtrack – More than two hours of original music.