Team17 and Wonderscope Games have just announced that the cosy community sim, Hokko Life, will be launching into Steam Early Access today at 5pm BST (9AM PDT, 12PM EDT, 6PM CEST). Hokko Life gives players the freedom to design every little aspect of their new home, from the size and shape of your chair cushions, to floor and wallpaper designs.
Pretty much everything can be tailored to the player’s liking. Colours, shapes, materials; you name it. On top of all this, your creations can be shared with your friends. There’s more to the game than just designing and altering though, as there’s a whole town populated with locals who can be interacted with, in addition to being able to design the various aspects of their homes. There are also some other activities to keep you occupied such as collecting a host of different bugs and critters or even fishing, if that’s more your jam.
Here are some of the key features in Hokko Life:
- Get Creative: The workshop awaits as players take control over every aspect of Hokko, with the 3D design tool, every aspect of a player’s creation can be tailored to perfection
- Dare to Design: No detail is too small, everything from the colour, fabric, and angle of the pillow on a chair can be edited
- Sharing is Caring: Players will be able to share their meticulously crafted designs with friends and other players around the world
- Back of the Net: A lazy afternoon in Hokko can be spent with a net or pole in hand, catching and collecting the critters crawling around town
- Meet the Neighbours: Hokko’s townsfolk offer a warm welcome, and with varying personalities, they all make for fantastic friends.
If Hokko Life sounds like something you might enjoy, you can wishlist it over on Steam ahead of the Early Access launch.