Yesterday saw the release of ININ Games and BEEP’s side-scrolling shoot ‘em up Cotton Reboot!, both digitally and physically on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Europe, Australasia, and North America.
Check out the launch trailer below:
For those that don’t know much about the history of the ‘Cotton’ brand, it goes back 30 years and has appeared on many early consoles and computers including PC Engine, Neo Geo Pocket Color, right through to the early PlayStation. Throughout the years, Cotton has received acclaim for its fast action, its colourful and detailed presentation, and its cast – especially its endearing cute central character, the young witch, Cotton, and her little helper fairy.
Here are some of the new features:
- Remastered with hand-drawn HD graphics
- Remixed soundtracks
- Comes with Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams in the X6800 original mode
- Different game modes
- Arrange mode features 16:9 screens, redesigned graphics, and characters.
- Score attack mode: the player competes for scores online within a limited time (2-minute and 5-minute modes can be selected).
For more information, visit https://cotton.inin.games
- In addition to the physical and digital retail versions, there are three premium limited editions available, exclusively in the Strictly Limited Games Partner Shop. The Limited Edition comes with a manual and is available for €39.99 and is limited to 3.000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1.500 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide.
- The Collector’s Edition is available for €79.99, limited to 2.000 copies for Nintendo Switch and 1.000 copies for PlayStation 4 worldwide and includes a tea set, the original & remastered soundtrack, an art book, shikishi and more.
- The Deluxe X68000 Collector’s Edition is unfortunately already sold out due to huge demand.