Last week, Lucid Dreams Studio announced their upcoming action-adventure, Biomorph. The dark, 2D Soulslike Metroidvania is set in a sprawling, gorgeous hand-drawn 2D world, where enemies can be found everywhere and their powers are fair game for the taking. Check out the teaser trailer below:
In Biomorph, players will have to use their skills to explore the vast, varied world. Solve puzzles and platforming challenges, fight deadly monsters and take their shapes to use their powers. The kicker is that each defeated enemy can return with new and even deadlier powers.
Biomorph tasks players with rebuilding the city of Blightmoor and befriending the local townspeople in order to learn more about both their and the town’s origins. Your character will level up as they fight through the many areas around the city, collecting new abilities, mementos and blueprints along the way. The journey will reveal surprising and alarming truths about our hero’s own origins.
Here are some of the key features:
- Play as the enemies by killing them and taking their shape. Players will be able to use their skills to fight other enemies or use their powers to navigate in uncharted territories.
- Fight through a challenging AI system where previously mimicked creatures unlock new powers to create a unique experience while revisiting areas of the game.
- Explore a vast non-linear, interconnected world composed of 16 different environments, home of optional boss fights, eccentric NPCs, tons of secrets and upgrades to reward the most daring explorer.
- Choose a fighting style by using an arsenal of melee and range weapons, each of them having its own upgrade trees, to bash and shoot enemies.
- Create different builds in support of individual play styles by equipping and mixing different unique skills that you can upgrade.
- Customize the look of the main hub of the game, Blightmoor, to have a unique experience and to feel at home.