New Trailer Introduces the Big Bad and All the Toys
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is a month out and to whet your appetite CI Games has dropped a new trailer showing off some amazing guns as well as the physics you are going to have to contend with.
While this spin off series does have run and gun sections, the sniping and stealth are what make it and the ability to, Agent 47 like, use the environment to eliminate targets as well as distract enemies so that you can get to that sniper perch are the more interesting aspects of gameplay.
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 is set in Kuamar, a lawless region of the Middle East, located along the Lebanese and Syrian borders. Players take on the role of Raven, Contract Sniper Assassin, as they attempt to take down the brutal dictatorship installed by President Bibi Rashida and her husband, Omar Al-Bakr. Contracts 2 takes the sandbox design of the first game to the next level with extreme-range sniping, adding to the variety of objectives players will tackle and revisit using realistic weapons, gadgets, and skills they’ll enhance with unlockable upgrades.
The game promises that you will be able to snipe from over a kilometer away and will include the following features:
- A dramatic single-player campaign set in modern-day Middle East, with 5 distinct sandbox maps featuring a variety of fully accessible, interactive areas players can approach their own way
- Next-level realism with realistic gadgets and weapons customizable to fit different styles of play
- Replayable missions that can be completed in a number of ways, with unlockable rewards for achieving all objectives
- More intelligent adversaries with improved tactics
- Next-generation features including enhanced visuals, 4k resolution, and improved loading times, setting a new benchmark as the best looking Sniper Ghost Warrior game thus far
The game releases on PC, Xbox consoles and PS4 next month with the PS5 versions releasing later this year. To make up for the delay, PS4 versions will include a free upgrade to the PS5 version when it eventually releases.