Developers Far From Home yesterday revealed their debut title, Forever Skies, along with the game’s first-ever teaser trailer. Originally announced under the codename “Project Oxygen”, Forever Skies has been in the making for over two years from former AA and AAA devs who worked on titles such as Dying Light, Dying Light 2, Dead Island, The Medium, Chernobylite and the Divinity Original Sin Series.
Forever Skies is a first-person action survival Sci-Fi game that takes place on a destroyed and deserted Earth in the wake of a massive ecological disaster. The game will be coming to Early Access in 2022 and later to consoles. Check out the teaser trailer below:
You play as a lone scientist in Forever Skies, returning to Earth long after a global ecological catastrophe has left the planet uninhabitable to humans. Above the toxic clouds are the remnants of humanity’s last stand. Build, expand and control a high-tech airship that will act as your transport, shelter, laboratory and workshop for researching mysterious substances and crafting tools for survival. Scavenge, find ways of obtaining food and resources, and explore the ruins above and below the thick, toxic dust layer which now shrouds the Earth’s surface. Why is the dust there? What is it exactly? And perhaps more importantly, what lies beneath it?
Gameplay in Forever Skies will include exploration in your airship and on foot, crafting, base-building, planting, combat, and scientific research in virology in search of a cure to help those few, who survive in orbit.
Here are some of the key features:
- Return To Earth – Take on the role of a scientist returning to Earth devastated by a global ecological disaster. This event caused the surface of the planet to be covered in a colossal layer of toxic dust, forcing humanity to build massive towers to try to survive.
- Build & Control Your Advanced Airship – Build and customize a high-tech airship. It will be your home, workshop, laboratory. Extract and gather resources to improve it to make it fit your gaming tactics.
- Utilize Science To Survive – Analyze scanned items and reverse engineer lost technology. Research new ways of obtaining food, resources, new tools and more.
- Scavenge Ruined Skies – Explore and discover the remains of our civilization. Extract resources from the ruins that were built up high to escape the dust. Find out what happened and how we lost Earth.
- Descend Below The Dust – Discover a strange new world that changed with the absence of humanity. Hunt for viral pathogens, use them as weapons or better yourself with viral boosts.
- Fight for Your Life – Below the dust lies a totally new ecosystem so expect a fight against evolved and dangerous creatures.
Forever Skies will deliver a single-player experience in the first stages of Early Access with a co-op mode planned as one of the key Early Access features. Console versions will launch later with all the updates and content already released for PC, including co-op mode. You add Forever Skies to your wishlist on Steam here.